Thursday, January 10, 2008

And in a year, a year or so

Sometimes I feel like a broken record mentioning the same bands or artists over and over again, but there is something about a certain few that keep me returning. Right now it's Beirut. In the past, in causal conversation I've mentioned the way my soul feels in relation to insturments. Normally the response, or lack thereof, is a blank stare or a faint smile (one that to me looks oddly similar to pity). Well, at least I know what I'm talking about and maybe someday someone else will, but in the meantime I'll just continue blabbing on about my consistently rotating instrumental soul. (That's kind of my thing...repeating myself incessantly until I get the proper response.)
Now that we've been introduced I can tell you that normally my soul sounds like a harmonica, but recently the sounds of Beriut seem to fit. New and old, jumbled and amazing. Enjoy.
Well it's been a long time, long time now
since I've seen you smile.
And I'll gamble away my fright.
And I'll gamble away my time.
And in a year, a year or so
this will slip into the sea
Well, it's been a long time, long time now
since I've seen you smile

Nobody raise their voices
Just another night in Nantes
Nobody raise their voices
Just another night in Nantes

No comments: