Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Ramble On

I was reminded of the following song on the way home from Atlanta this past weekend. Rod Stewart was on the radio singing his rendition of "Downtown Train" but I was singing along with Tom Waits' original rhythm. This is by far one of my favorite songs. It was put on a mixed tape for me in high school by my crush at the time. This single mixed tape was my introduction to Yo La Tengo, Tom Waits, The Rachel's, Modest Mouse, Joan of Arc, James, and many others. I don't think it will every be topped. Every time I hear it I feel like I'm seventeen, perhaps that's why I like it so much. Sometimes I still get chills while listening.

Just out of curiosity I looked up the James song from the mix and found it! I must share!


One more from memory lane.

No comments: